Jadex Strategic Group (Jadex) is looking for Senior JAVA Developer to support efforts at the U.S. Navy Supply Command (NAVSUP) Business Systems Center (BSC) in Mechanicsburg, PA. NAVSUP BSC is a provider for IT, Information Management, and Information Systems preferred provider for architecture, integrating, sustaining and improving applications, information, and business process services to Navy, DOD, and others.
Jadex supports BSC and the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program migration to SAP Business Suite. The vision of Navy ERP is to provide the Navy with information technology services to manage its worldwide resources: people, supply, and financials. The integration of financial and supply solutions on a single platform will provide real-time data access and decision support to the Navy Enterprise.
- Analyze design develop, implement, and support code; working under limited supervision; performing additional duties as assigned
- Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages including JAVA
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as; users manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel
- Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- May serve as a technical team or task leader
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- BA/BS +7 years’ experience or equivalent Java Developer in Java development
- A strong background in system architecture design and development leveraging a combination of Java, Spring Cloud, etc.
- Ability to obtain or maintain a Secret clearance
- Ideal candidate would have CompTIA Security+ or higher required within 6 months of hire date
- Experience working with Core Java / Frameworks including Java 1.8
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Oracle PL/SQL, Microservices / Webservices, REST, Java, Hibernate, and Jax RS
- Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Hands-on experience with development tools and build tools (i.e., Maven, CI/CD) configurations, optimization of source code experience (Bitbucket / Source Tree)
- Understanding of key of Microservices architecture components including containers, load balancing, distributed cache
- Knowledge of UI screen development using Vue.js, AngularJS, HTML 5, JSON
- Experience with SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSLT, and XPATH
- Experience with development within a highly distributed, scalable, and performing systems is a strong plus
Jadex Strategic Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Jadex established; namely, award of contract to the Jadex . Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Jadex Strategic Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
|Job Category||Information Technology, Product Support, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering: Other, Systems Engineering: Software|
|Clearance Level||Active DoD Secret Clearance|
|Seniority Level||Midlevel to Senior|
|Industry Experience||Information Technology & Services, Defense & Space, Computer Software|
|Employment Type||Full-time; remote work varies|
|Job Function||Information Technology|